(A) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing the Ohio state medical board (hereinafter, "board") at its business address; or
(2) Calling the board at its business office during normal business hours; or
(3) Checking the board's public website.
(B) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that notice be provided and supplying a regular mail or electronic mail address.
In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the board shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of the meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice, by regular mail or electronic mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting;
(2) Notifying representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the board has been unable to provide telephone notice;
(3) Informing the representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature requiring immediate official action, the board shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of such meeting of the time, place and purpose of the meeting by providing notice as described in paragraphs (B)(1), (B)(2) or (B)(3) of this rule or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given immediately upon completion of the meeting agenda.
(C) All persons who have requested, in writing, advance notification of all meetings of the board at which specific public matters designated by those persons are scheduled to be discussed shall be placed on the board's agenda mailing list. The board shall, within a reasonable time prior to each meeting, send by regular mail or electronic mail an agenda of the meeting to those persons. The board may assess a reasonable fee, not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing, for notices sent to persons in accordance with this rule.