(A) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing the state medical board of Ohio (hereinafter, "board") at its business address;
(2) Calling the board at its business office during normal business hours;
(3) Checking the board's public website.
(B) A representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting that notice be provided and supplying a regular mail or electronic mail address.
(1) If a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the board shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of the meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(a) Sending written notice, by regular mail or electronic mail, no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting;
(b) Notifying representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the board has been unable to provide telephone notice;
(c) Informing the representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(2) If a special meeting of an emergency nature requiring immediate official action is scheduled, the board shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of such meeting of the time, place and purpose of the meeting by providing notice as described in paragraph (B)(2) of this rule, or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, the notice shall be given immediately upon the meeting date and time being scheduled.
(C) Persons who have requested, in writing, advance notification of all meetings of the board at which specific public matters are scheduled to be discussed shall be placed on the board's agenda mailing list. The board shall, within a reasonable time prior to each meeting, send to those persons on the list either an agenda of the meeting by regular mail or a notice via electronic mail that the agenda is posted on the board's website. The board may assess a reasonable fee, not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing, for notices via regular mail.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 4/29/2019 and 07/31/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 121.22
Rule Amplifies: 121.22
Prior Effective Dates: 02/16/1976, 07/01/1999, 06/30/2005, 12/31/2015