(A) Examinations for surveyors and engineers will be held two times each year on dates set by the national council of examiners for engineering and surveying.
(B) The language of the examination will be in English.
(C) The written examination required for original registration will be given in two days, of eight hours each.
(D) Locations at which the examinations are given are designated by the board.
(E) In determining an applicant's qualifications for registration by written examination, the following minimum grades will be required:
(1) For stage one of the written examination, covering the fundamentals of engineering or fundamentals of surveying, a passing grade as set by the national council for examiners of engineering and surveying and approved by the board is required.
(2) For stage two of the written examination, covering the principles and practice of engineering, a passing grade as set by the national council of examiners for engineering and surveying and approved by the board is required.
(3) For stage two of the written examination, covering the principles and practice of surveying, the applicant must pass both the six hour national principles and practice examination and the two hour professional practice examination devoted to the laws and practices of this state. A passing grade as set by the national council of examiners for engineering and Surveying and approved by the board is required for the six hour national principles and practice examination and a minimum grade of seventy is required for passing the two hour professional practice examination devoted to the laws and practice of this state .
(F) Recent graduates or currently enrolled students may apply to take the "Fundamentals of Engineering or Fundamentals of Surveying" examination by submitting a letter from an authorized college or university representative instead of submitting an official curriculum transcript. For the purposes of this section, a "recent graduate" is a person who has graduated but cannot produce an official transcript ninety days before the examination. Currently enrolled students must anticipate graduation within six months after the next scheduled examination.
(1) For the "Fundamentals of Engineering" examination, the board will only consider Ohio EAC/ABET accredited engineering curricula or Ohio TAC/ABET accredited engineering technology curricula.
(2) For the "Fundamentals of Surveying" examination the board will only consider Ohio ASAC/ABET accredited surveying curricula or Ohio board approved surveying curricula.
(G) Upon successful completion of the fundamentals examination, a certificate as an engineer intern or surveyor intern will be issued by the board. Such certificate as an engineer intern or surveyor intern does not allow the holder of such a certificate to perform, offer to perform or contract for engineering or surveying services or to use the initials P.E. or P.S. with their name.
(H) A person who has passed the NCEES fundamentals of engineering or surveying examinations from another state, territory of the United States, or District of Columbia will not need to again pass said examinations in Ohio.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/18/2008 and 11/24/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4733.07
Rule Amplifies: 4733.13
Prior Effective Dates: 10-4-76, 4-14-85, 3-8-89, 2-1-96, 11-1-03