Chapter 4736-10 Sanitarian-In-Training Extension Request
(A) A sanitarian-in-training shall apply for registration as a sanitarian within three years of registration as a sanitarian-in-training. The board may extend the registration of any sanitarian-in-training who furnishes, in writing, sufficient cause for not applying for registration as a sanitarian within the three year period.
(B) Sufficient cause for extending sanitarian-in-training registration will be determined by the board on a case by case basis. Sufficient cause for extension shall include but is not limited to:
(1) The sanitarian-in-training has taken the registration examination at least once, or;
(2) The sanitarian-in-training has competently performed for compensation, educational, investigational, technical or administrative duties in the field of environmental health science on or before the date of the extension request.
(C) A sanitarian-in-training must be granted an extension of sanitarian-in-training certification prior to the issuance of the third annual registration renewal. Certificates of registration expire annually and become invalid on that date unless renewed pursuant to section 4736.11 of the Revised Code.
(D) The extension request shall be written, and shall include:
(1) An explanation of why the requestor has not applied for registered sanitarian status.
(2) A listing of full-time experience from the date the sanitarian-in-training certificate was granted.
(3) The number of times the requestor has taken the registration examination.
(E) A sanitarian-in-training who fails the registration examination on three or more occasions may be required, as part of the application process to retake the examination, to submit and show evidence of a study plan toward passing the registration examination, and/or meet such other requirements as may be imposed by the board.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4736-10-01