Chapter 4736-15 Sanitarian-In-Training
(A) The recipients of a certificate of registered sanitarian may use the appropriate registration designation following their name. The abbreviation "R.S." may be used in place of the words "Registered Sanitarian."
(B) The recipients of a certificate of sanitarian-in-training may use the appropriate registration designation following their name. The abbreviation "S.I.T." may be used in place of the words "Sanitarian-in-Training."
(A) A sanitarian-in-training may engage in the practice of environmental health provided the sanitarian-in-training is supervised by a registered sanitarian. Each sanitarian-in-training shall submit an application for renewal annually as required by rule 4736-12-01 of the Administrative Code on forms prescribed by the board. Verification from the supervising registered sanitarian that the sanitarian-in-training performed functions under the supervision of the registered sanitarian shall be submitted to the board as part of the annual renewal of the sanitarian-in-training. The board may also request a copy of the sanitarian-in-training's monthly evaluation(s) as required in paragraph (D) of this rule.
(B) The board shall establish minimum supervisory activities for a registered sanitarian to use in the evaluation of a sanitarian-in-training.
(C) The minimum supervisory activities shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Being available for consultation on a daily basis;
(2) Provide training and technical advice;
(3) Review and advise on enforcement proceedings in programs specified by division (E) of section 4736.01 of the Revised Code;
(4) Evaluate the practice of environmental health performed by the sanitarian-in-training at least once a month.
(D) The supervising registered sanitarian shall document each monthly evaluation of the sanitarian-in-training's practice of environmental health. Documentation of each monthly evaluation shall include five samples of inspections performed by the sanitarian-in-training during the month attached to a written evaluation which shall include the following:
(1) Month and year of evaluation.
(2) Sanitarian-in-training's name, registration number and address.
(3) Supervising registered sanitarian's name, registration number and address.
(4) Supervising registered sanitarian's written verification of fulfillment of the requirements provided in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(5) The supervising registered sanitarian's written comments.
(6) Dates and locations of five attached samples of inspections conducted during the month by the sanitarian-in-training.
(7) Dated signatures of the sanitarian-in-training and supervising registered sanitarian.
(E) Monthly evaluations shall be retained by the sanitarian-in-training for one year after registration as a registered sanitarian, or for six years from the last date of employment as a sanitarian-in-training.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/09/2008 and 04/02/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4736.03
Rule Amplifies: 4736.15
Prior Effective Dates: 9/15/89, 2/1/92, 10/1/99, 7/1/01
(A) A sanitarian-in-training may engage in the practice of environmental health for a period not to exceed five years, provided the sanitarian-in-training is supervised by a registered sanitarian.
(B) The five-year time limitation commences once the sanitarian-in-training begins to engage in the practice of environmental health full-time, part-time, or part-of-the-year and concludes five years from that date unless the sanitarian-in-training ceases to engage in the practice of environmental health during an entire renewal period.