Chapter 4736-15 Sanitarian-In-Training
(A) The recipients of a certificate of registered sanitarian may use the appropriate registration designation following their name. The abbreviation "R.S." may be used in place of the words "Registered Sanitarian."
(B) The recipients of a certificate of sanitarian-in-training may use the appropriate registration designation following their name. The abbreviation "S.I.T." may be used in place of the words "Sanitarian-in-Training."
(A) A sanitarian-in-training may engage in the practice of environmental health provided the sanitarian-in-training is supervised by a registered sanitarian. Verification from the supervising registered sanitarian that the sanitarian-in-training performed functions under the supervision of the registered sanitarian shall be submitted to the board as part of the annual renewal of the sanitarian-in-training. The board may also request a copy of the sanitarian-in-training's monthly evaluation(s) as required in paragraph (D) of this rule.
(B) The board shall establish minimum supervisory activities for a registered sanitarian to use in the evaluation of a sanitarian-in-training including but not limited to:
(1) Being available for consultation on a daily basis;
(2) Provide training and technical advice;
(4) Evaluate the practice of environmental health performed by the sanitarian-in-training at least once a month.
(C) The supervising registered sanitarian shall document each monthly evaluation of the sanitarian-in-training's practice of environmental health. Documentation of each monthly evaluation shall include, at a minimum, five samples of inspections performed by the sanitarian-in-training during the month attached to a written evaluation which shall include the following:
(1) Month and year of evaluation.
(2) Sanitarian-in-training's name, registration number and employment address.
(3) Supervising registered sanitarian's name, registration number and employment address.
(4) Supervising registered sanitarian's written verification of fulfillment of the requirements provided in paragraph ( B) of this rule.
(5) The supervising registered sanitarian's written comments.
(6) Dates and locations of at least five attached samples of inspections conducted during the month by the sanitarian-in-training.
(7) Dated signatures of the sanitarian-in-training and supervising registered sanitarian.
(D) Monthly evaluations shall be retained by the sanitarian-in-training for one year after registration as a registered sanitarian or for six years from the last date of employment as a sanitarian-in-training.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/14/2014 and 05/15/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4736.03
Rule Amplifies: 4736.15
Prior Effective Dates: 9/15/89, 2/1/92, 10/1/99, 7/1/0, 5/1/09
(A) A sanitarian-in-training may engage in the practice of environmental health for a period not to exceed five years, provided the sanitarian-in-training is supervised by a registered sanitarian.
(B) The five-year time limitation commences once the sanitarian-in-training begins to engage in the practice of environmental health full-time, part-time, or part-of-the-year and concludes five years from that date unless the sanitarian-in-training ceases to engage in the practice of environmental health during an entire renewal period.