Chapter 4736-7 Application for Registration
Application to become a registered sanitarian or sanitarian-in-training shall be made on forms prescribed by the board.
(A) The application to become a registered sanitarian or a sanitarian-in-training shall contain the following:
(1) The name, address, social security number, and telephone number of each applicant;
(2) The name and address of the employer or business connection of each applicant;
(3) The date of the application;
(4) The educational and experience qualifications of each applicant;
(5) A place for the applicant to sign the application form and have it notarized by a notary public;
(6) Information indicating if the applicant is currently registered as a sanitarian by another state.
(7) Information indicating that the application fee is nonrefundable.
(B) Application forms prescribed by the board for a registered sanitarian or sanitarian-in-training may be obtained by downloading the forms from the board website or contacting the office .
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/14/2014 and 05/15/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4736.03
Rule Amplifies: 4736.07
Prior Effective Dates: 6/1/78, 9/15/89, 8/1/04, 5/1/09
(A) An applicant shall return the completed application form to the office of the board whereupon the board shall cause a record to be made in accordance with section 4736.07 of the Revised Code. The board shall advise the applicant of the status of the application within sixty days of receipt of the application.
(B) The board shall consider only those applications to become a registered sanitarian or sanitarian-in-training which are accompanied by the appropriate fees as prescribed in section 4736.12 of the Revised Code. The board of sanitarian registration, with the approval of the controlling board, may establish fees in excess of the amounts prescribed in section 4736.12 of the Revised Code provided that such fees do not exceed the amounts prescribed in section 4736.12 of the Revised Code by more than fifty percent.
(C) Each completed application must be accompanied by a check or money order payable in the manner prescribed by the board in the amount of the application fee. The application fees shall be nonrefundable.
(D) Each applicant must cause an official transcript of all academic credits claimed to be forwarded to the board to assure compliance with division (A) of section 4736.08 , division (B) of section 4636.08, or division (C) of section 4736.08 of the Revised Code.
(A) All registrants for reinstatement shall submit a completed application on the forms specified by the board. All applications shall:
(1) Be typewritten or printed in ink;
(2) Be signed by the registrant;
(3) Be accompanied by the reinstatement fee prescribed by rule 4736-7-04 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Contain proof that the registrant met the appropriate continuing education requirement:
(a) For registrants submitting a reinstatement application during the first twelve months following the expiration of the individual's registration, the registrant shall complete eighteen hours of continuing education in accordance with rule 4736-11-03 of the Administrative Code within the twelve month period immediately preceding the application for reinstatement. Continuing education hours used to meet the requirements of this paragraph shall not be used to renew the reinstated registration.
(b) For registrants submitting a reinstatement application for a registration that has been expired for a period of longer than twelve months, the registrant shall complete thirty six hours of continuing education in accordance with rule 4736-11-04 of the Administrative Code within the twelve month period immediately preceding the application for reinstatement. Continuing education hours used to meet the requirements of this paragraph shall not be used to renew the reinstated registration.
(5) Be accompanied by such evidence, statements, or documents as specified on the forms;
(6) Be notarized by a notary public.
(B) In addition to the information required in paragraph (A) of this rule, the board may also require:
(1) Appearance before the board for a reinstatement interview.
(C) Any application received in accordance with this rule that remains incomplete one year after the initial application filing shall be considered to be abandoned and no further processing shall be undertaken with respect to that application.
(1) If the application process extends for a period longer than one year, the board may require updated information as it deems necessary.
(2) No application for reinstatement may be withdrawn without approval of the board.
(3) Submitted fees shall be neither refundable nor transferable.
The fee for reinstatement of a registration shall be two hundred ten dollars. This fee is non refundable and nontransferable.