Euthanasia technician certification course curricula shall include, but are not limited to, the requirements listed in division (B) of section 4729.532 of the Revised Code.
(A) The course will be a minimum of sixteen hours and shall include information on the following areas:
(1) The pharmacology, proper administration, and storage of euthanasia solutions;
(2) Federal and state laws regulating the storage and accountability of euthanasia solutions;
(3) Euthanasia technician stress management;
(4) Proper disposal of euthanized animals.
(B) The curriculum must be submitted in writing to the Ohio veterinary medical licensing board for consideration and approval. Requirements for courses submitted to the board for consideration and approval shall include, but are not limited to,
(1) A copy of the course curriculum;
(2) Detailed learning objectives and the teaching methods used to achieve them;
(4) The supervision of a veterinarian or a registered veterinary technician, who must be currently licensed in the state of Ohio, in the laboratory portion of the course presentation.
Candidates who have successfully completed the approved course shall be given a written certificate which includes: candidate's name; the name of the approved course; date of completion and the location where the course was given.