The state veterinary medical licensing board may issue a limited license, without examination, to veterinarians in certain facilities recognized by the board, with limitations to the scope of practice in veterinary medicine. Renewal for the limited license will occur the first day of July of odd numbered years.
(1) A person who has a veterinary medicine degree or its equivalent, who in the professional capacity of employment is limited to the duties mandated by a veterinary academic institution, a veterinary technology institution or government diagnostic laboratory and whose sole educational or service responsibility is dictated by said institution or laboratory.
(2) A person who is designated with an academic title, not limited to instructor, diagnostician, intern, resident of a veterinary specialty or graduate student.
(3) Veterinarian with a clinical assignment involving diagnosis and/or treatment of animals, whether on site or by referral.
(4) Diagnosticians in laboratory settings, whose duties include the diagnosis and/or treatment of animal patients, whether on site or by referral.
(5) Researchers, whose contact with animals or animal tissues have vital connection with the diagnosis and/or treatment of animal patients.
(B) Limits of veterinary services.
(1) Veterinarians holding a limited license to practice veterinary medicine shall be limited to such practice as mandated by the scope of employment.
(2) Practice outside the institution, except where ambulatory services dictate, is prohibited. On-site consultation outside the institution is prohibited.
(3) Upon termination of contractual obligations to the institution of employment, the limited license to practice veterinary medicine shall become null and void.
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/04/2014 and 03/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4741.03(C)(9), 4741.13
Rule Amplifies: 4741.13
Prior Effective Dates: 11/15/2007)