(A) Purpose: The shortage area situations will be best served by a veterinarian who is likely to enthusiastically serve a community and who is likely to remain within that community after his or her payments from the loan repayment program have been terminated.
(B) The veterinarian applying for participation should submit a biography and a personal statement explaining his or her motivation in serving in veterinary shortage situations.
(C) In addition to requiring the applicant to possess an Ohio veterinary license in good standing and be federally accredited, the board should consider the following factors in the selection process:
(1) Percentage of professional activities to be devoted to food animal practice and veterinary public health activities;
(2) Types and number of elective courses or continuing education courses in food animal medicine and production medicine;
(3) Preferences for a rural background and/or experience in production agriculture;
(4) Is from the underserved area or has family ties to the area; and
(5) Length of time applicant is willing to practice in the area.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/30/2009 and 09/30/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4741.03(C)(9) , 4741.45 , 4741.44
Rule Amplifies: 4741.44 , 4741.45
Prior Effective Dates: 11/15/2007