(A) Purpose: The shortage area situations will be best served by a veterinarian who is likely to enthusiastically serve a community and who is likely to remain within that community after his or her payments from the loan repayment program have been terminated.
(B) The veterinarian applying for participation should submit a biography and a personal statement explaining his or her motivation in serving in veterinary shortage situations.
(C) In addition to requiring the applicant to possess an Ohio veterinary license in good standing and be federally accredited, the board may consider the following factors in the selection process:
(1) Percentage of professional activities to be devoted to food animal practice and veterinary public health activities;
(2) Types and number of elective courses or continuing education courses, internships and prior experience in food animal medicine and production medicine or public health;
(3) Preferences for a rural background and/or experience in production agriculture or for a career in government public health service;
(4) Is from the underserved area or has family ties to the area;
(5) Length of time applicant is willing to practice in the area.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 3/4/2019 and 03/03/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4741.03(C)(9), 4741.45
Rule Amplifies: 4741.45
Prior Effective Dates: 11/15/2007, 01/15/2010, 07/15/2014