(A) The signature used on the customer's receipt shall be that of the licensed individual making the sale and must be the same name under which the license or permit was issued to that individual licensee or trainee permit holder.
(B) The required statement in the second paragraph of section 4747.09 of the Revised Code shall be printed on the sales receipt and appear above the licensee's and/or permit holder's signature.
(C) The terms of guarantee statement on the sales receipt shall be satisfied by one of the following statements printed in type no smaller than that used in the body of the receipt:
(1) Full terms of guarantee printed on the receipt and, if printed on the back of the receipt, a reference is to appear on the face of the receipt, such as "terms of guarantee on reverse side."
(2) A statement such as "the aid(s) listed on this receipt are covered by a guarantee, the details of which are supplied on a separate form at the time of execution of this receipt" shall appear above the purchaser's signature.
(D) For purposes of section 4747.09 of the Revised Code, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) The "complete address of the place of business" includes the telephone number of the business.
(2) "A complete description of the make and model of the hearing aid furnished" includes the serial number of the hearing aid, which shall be added to the sales receipt at the time the hearing aids are delivered to buyer.
(E) In accordance with division (C) of section 1345.30 of the Revised Code the following shall appear on the sales receipt:
(1) "Right To Return The Hearing Aid Within Thirty Days And Receive A Refund"
Under Ohio law (section 1345.30 of the Revised Code), a consumer has the right to return a hearing aid for any reason within thirty days after it is originally delivered to the consumer or a person acting on the consumer's behalf and receive a refund of the consideration paid for the hearing aid less an amount specified by the hearing aid dealer, physician, or audiologist to cover expenses incurred in connection with the hearing aid not later than fifteen days after presenting proof of payment for the hearing aid and returning it in the condition in which it was received, except for normal wear and tear. In this case the amount deducted from the refund will be $. . . ."
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/08/2008 and 06/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4747.04
Rule Amplifies: 4747.09
Prior Effective Dates: 11/16/71, 2/1/1977, 2/15/97