(A) Quorum: A majority of the board members constitutes a quorum.
(B) Simple majority: The affirmative vote of a majority of the board members is necessary for the board to act.
(C) Parliamentary procedure: When not otherwise provided for, "Roberts Rules of Order" (2011 edition) shall govern at all meetings of the board.
(D) Quarterly meetings:
(1) The board shall hold quarterly meetings.
(2) The board shall set the date for the quarterly meetings with the consent of the majority of the board members.
(3) The board may cancel a quarterly meeting with the consent of the majority of the board members.
(E) Special meetings:
(1) The board chairperson or a majority of board members may call a special meeting.
(2) The proponent of the special meeting shall state the purpose of the special meeting in the call therefor, and the board shall not consider other business at the special meeting, except by unanimous consent of the members present. The proponent of the special meeting shall specify the date and place of a special meeting in the request.
(3) The board may cancel a special meeting with the consent of the majority of the board members.
(F) Meeting notices:
(1) The board secretary shall post a notice of each regular and special meeting on the board's website.
(2) The board secretary shall include the place and time in each notice for a regular meeting.
(3) The board secretary shall include the place, time, and purpose in each notice for a special meeting.
(4) The board secretary shall notify each board member at least five days in advance before a special meeting, except in case of an emergency.
(5) The board secretary shall maintain a list of news media outlets that have requested notices. The board secretary shall notify news media outlets that have requested notices for special meetings at least twenty-four hours before a special meeting, except in the event of an emergency that requires immediate, official action. In the event of an emergency, the secretary, on behalf of the chairperson or board members who called the meeting, shall notify the news media that have requested notification immediately of the time, place, and purpose of the meeting.
(G) Meeting minutes:
(1) The board secretary shall make available to each board member the minutes of the previous meeting and reports of any matters to the board before each meeting to enable the member to become familiar with the matter.
(2) Within ten days after the board approves the minutes of a quarterly or special meeting, the board secretary shall open the minutes for public inspection in the board office. Any person may obtain a copy of the approved minutes upon request to the board secretary via letter or email.