(1) The board shall hold quarterly meetings. The dates of the quarterly meetings shall be set with the consent of a majority of the members of the board. Special meetings may be called on the request of the chairman or by the request of a majority of the members of the board. A regular or special meeting may be cancelled at the request of a majority of the members of the board.
(2) A notice of each regular and special meeting of the board of examiners of nursing home administrators shall be filed forthwith by the secretary of the board with the office of the director of the Ohio department of health, stating the time and place of each regular meeting of the board and the time, place and purpose of each special meeting of the board. Any person may determine or obtain such information at the office of the director of the department of health or from the secretary of the board of examiners of nursing home administrators.
(3) Any person may obtain reasonable advance written notification in the form of a copy of the agenda of all meetings of the board at which any specific type of public business is to be discussed by providing the secretary of the board with self-addressed envelopes to which has been affixed the equivalent of one first class U.S. postage stamp. Eight envelopes should be supplied to cover one board year from July one through June thirtieth.
(4) The secretary of the board shall maintain a list of news media which have requested notification, and such media shall be given at least twenty-four hours advance notice of each special meeting of the board, except in the event of an emergency requiring immediate official action. In the event of an emergency, the office of the director of the Ohio department of health or the secretary of the board on behalf of the chairman or members calling the meeting shall notify the news media that have requested notification immediately of the time, place and purpose of the meeting.
(B) A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum. The affirmative vote of a majority of the members of the board is necessary for the board to act.
(C) When not otherwise provided for, "Roberts Rules of Order" shall govern at all meetings of the board.
(D) The purpose of the special meeting shall be stated in the call therefor, and no other business shall be considered at such meeting, except by unanimous consent of the members present. The date and place of a special meeting shall be specified in the request.
(E) Notice of any special meeting shall be given all members at least five days in advance except in case of an emergency.
(1) The minutes of the previous meeting and reports of any matters to the board may be made available to each member at such time prior to said meeting as will enable him to become familiar with the matter.
(2) The minutes of a regular or special meeting shall be promptly recorded and shall be open for public inspection in the office of the board within ten days after their approval by the board.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/26/2007 and 07/26/2012
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4751.04
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/1977, 10/16/83