(A) The board may approve any educational institution or affiliate or other training agency to provide the educational requirements of Chapter 4751. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder.
Any educational institution or affiliate or other training agency, if approved, shall be registered with the board for the purpose of offering any course of study or program of instruction deemed sufficient to meet the education and training requirements for the purpose of qualifying applicants for licensure as nursing home administrators or for the renewal of registration of licenses as nursing home administrators as required pursuant to Chapter 4751. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder.
(1) Accredited educational institutions shall be deemed approved without application or registration.
(2) Training agencies other than accredited educational institutions must individually apply to the board and if approved be registered by the board before submitting requests for the board's approval of educational activities. Registration with the board may be initiated by a letter of intent or written request from a training agency.
(B) Prelicensure education - Courses of study or programs of instruction offered for the purposes of general educational requirements set forth in paragraph (A)(4) of rule 4751-1-05 of the Administrative Code and for the special academic requirement in health care administration, as set forth in paragraph (A)(5) of rule 4751-1-05 of the Administrative Code shall be deemed acceptable for such purposes, provided that:
(1) The courses of study and programs of instruction in general education are offered for academic credit by an accredited educational institution which meets the standards set forth in paragraph (A) of rule 4751-1-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The special courses of study or programs of instruction in health care administration must at least cover the subject areas set forth in the core of knowledge in nursing home administration as outlined in rule 4751-1-06 of the Administrative Code; course content need not be limited to these subject areas; these courses and programs must be approved by the board.
(3) If academic credit is not offered, such course of study or program of instruction is within the jurisdiction of an academic department of an accredited university or college.
(C) Continuing education - Courses of study or programs of instruction offered to meet the educational requirements for annual renewal of the certificate of registration of the nursing home administrator license as required pursuant to Chapter 4751. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder shall be in the subject areas of the core of knowledge in nursing home administration as outlined in rule 4751-1-06 of the Administrative Code, and shall be:
(2) Non-degree courses or programs associated with accredited educational institutions;
(3) Courses or programs offered by other educational institutions which have been approved by the board;
(D) Courses of study or programs of instruction offered for continuing education purposes on a non-academic credit basis shall be submitted to the board for approval at least sixty days prior to the anticipated date of registration for the course or program; such submittal shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the board and shall provide thereon all required information. The board may grant a variance to the time frame for submittal upon a showing that a recent change in state or federal regulatory requirements affecting the nursing home industry necessitates prompt approval of the course of study or program of instruction so that nursing home administrators may receive timely information concerning compliance with the requirements.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/29/2011 and 01/31/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4751.04
Rule Amplifies: 4751.07
Prior Effective Dates: 4/22/1986, 6/14/89 (Emer.), 9/22/89