(A) A training agency for continuing education shall apply for either preferred or certified provider status as defined by the board in rule 4751-1-08 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Provider status shall initially be granted for a one-year probationary period. Approval thereafter shall be granted for a two-year period.
(1) An applicant for provider status shall, at least sixty days prior to the date of the first scheduled program offering, submit a completed application on BELTSS form E-1 (rev., July, 2015). To be approved as a provider, the applicant shall establish all of the following:
(a) The proposed programs and program goals for the approval period meet or exceed the requirements of these rules;
(b) The educational facilities and instructional aids are adequate and appropriate;
(c) The program presenters have the professionally recognized skills to conduct the programs being offered;
(d) The programs are in the subject areas of the core of knowledge in nursing home administration as outlined in rule 4751-1-06 of the Administrative Code;
(e) There are adequate procedures to maintain records for each program presented, including, but not limited to, the program content, presenter qualifications, continuing education units earned, and attendee names.
(f) The programs are conducted solely by the organization named in the application and may not be used as approval for programs conducted in whole or in part by any other organization.
(2) A provider shall comply with all of the following:
(a) Operate in compliance with the requirements of paragraph (B)(1) of this rule.
(b) Seek the evaluation of each program attendee.
(c) Ensure that one quarter of one clock hour of continuing education is earned by fifteen minutes of classroom instruction .
(d) Provide each program attendee who completes the program with a certificate of completion that includes the following information.
(i) Name of the provider and provider number.
(ii) Name and date of the program.
(iii) Name of the attendee.
(iv) Core of knowledge subject area into which the program falls.
(v) Number of clock hours earned.
(vi) Nursing home administrator license number of the attendee, if applicable.
(e) Self-study courses are required to provide an exam of ten questions for the first credit hour offered, with five questions required for each credit hour thereafter. No more than fifty per cent of the exam questions shall be true/false. Students shall obtain a score of eighty per cent or higher in order to pass. Live webinars where attendance and participation can be monitored are exempt from this requirement, provided that the provider randomly audits the courses for attendance and participation and provides these audits to the board as requested.
(f) BELTSS does not accept self-study courses that only consist of reading study materials or a book and taking an exam. Acceptable self-study courses may be webinars or distance learning that feature applied learning, real-life scenarios, and problem solving.
(g) Prominently display the license renewal requirement to which the program will apply on all promotional literature.
(h) Display language on the evaluation form stating the attendee may contact the board with problems or concerns about the program and provide the board's contact information.
(i) At the board's request, furnish records of program content, presenter qualifications, evaluations, continuing education units earned, and attendee names for each program presented during the approval period.
(j) Assume responsibility for the quality of any program presented under its provider number.
(k) Ensure that all continuing education programs are open and offered to the public.
(l) Cooperate with the board on requests to randomly audit compliance with this rule including providing any additional information needed for the board's review.
(m) Be significantly involved in planning the program, approving the program's content, speaker qualification, and relevance to the domains of practice.
(n) Prove a staff member or designee who is not the presenter or the sponsor to be present at the program to monitor the course, the sign-in and sign-out sheets, collect the surveys, control the continuing education certificates at all times, and distribute the continuing education certificates.
(3) Continuing education courses that fulfill the requirements for annual renewal of the certificate of registration shall be submitted to the board by the continuing education training agency conducting the educational activity, in accordance with rule 4751-1-08 of the Administrative Code. Board approval is granted to the continuing education training agency conducting the educational activity.
(4) An applicant for renewal of provider status shall submit to the board no later than three months prior to the expiration of its approval, a completed application demonstrating continued compliance with the requirements of the rules in this chapter. An applicant seeking its first two-year approval shall also submit a synopsis of all programs conducted during the probationary period.
(5) Preferred and certified providers shall not submit courses for other organizations or persons that are not providers of the board. Any agency or person wishing to provide a continuing education program shall seek provider approval status directly from the board. Preferred providers shall not submit courses for any other provides to give the course preferred provider status.
(6) To conduct or provide a course or program means to make it available to the public, following the criteria outlined in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(7) The board, in compliance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, may refuse to issue or renew or may suspend or revoke the provider status of a training agency that fails to comply with the requirements of rules in this chapter.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/30/2018 and 02/17/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4751.04 ; 42 U.S.C. 1396g(c)(1); 42 C.F.R. 431.707
Rule Amplifies: 4751.04 ; 42 U.S.C. 1396g(c); 42 C.F.R. 431.707, 431.708
Prior Effective Dates: 01/01/1999, 06/01/2014, 04/16/2018