(A) A licensee's renewal application is timely if the licensee submits the properly-completed application to the board via the mybeltss system (http://mybeltss.age.ohio.gov) or via mail before the expiration date on the licensee's certificate of registration.
(B) The board shall only consider a renewal application to be properly completed if the licensee meets all of the following conditions:
(1) The licensee answered all required questions on the application.
(2) The licensee completed at least twenty continuing education units (CEUs) that are approved by the board or the national association of boards of examiners of long-term care administrators.
(3) The licensee listed the continuing education courses and approval numbers in the renewal application.
(4) The licensee attached the continuing education certificates.
(5) The licensee has no more than the allowable number of
CEUs from self-study/distance learning/webinars.
(6) The licensee completed the electronic attestation agreement or signed the form and had it notarized.
(7) If renewing and/or paying by mail, the licensee's renewal application and/or payment was postmarked before the expiration date on the licensee's certificate of registration.
(C) The board publishes BELTSS form RA2015 (rev., 2015) as the renewal application. The form is readily available on http://www.beltss.ohio.gov/. It is the licensee's responsibility to obtain the form and file a timely renewal if he or she does not wish to renew online.
(D) Untimely renewals are subject to a penalty of five CEUs per quarter, up to a maximum of twenty penalty hours. Penalty hours are in addition to the twenty hours required annually for renewal. No more than ten CEUs in total may be from self-study/distance learning/webinar for both annual renewal and penalty CEUs combined.
(E) If the licensee does not meet the conditions in paragraphs (A) to (D) of this rule, the licensee's application is untimely and not valid. The licensee may not practice nursing home administration until all renewal conditions are met.
(F) The licensee shall renew the certificate of registration with the appropriate number of CEUs and payment of all renewal fees within one year of the expiration date listed on the certificate of registration, or the license shall be considered abandoned and the licensee shall reapply for licensure and the law in force at the time of such new application shall govern.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 1/18/2018 and 04/16/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4751.04 ; 42 U.S.C. 1396g(c)(1); 42 C.F.R. 431.707
Rule Amplifies: 4751.04 ; 42 U.S.C. 1396g(c); 42 C.F.R. 431.707, 431.708
Prior Effective Dates: 06/01/2014, 03/01/2017