(A) The board shall include questions on all applications for licensure, certification, or renewal of licensure or certification that inquire as to whether the applicant is:
(1) A service member;
(2) A veteran; or,
(3) The spouse or surviving spouse of a service member or veteran.
(B) If the applicant responds affirmatively to any of the questions discussed in paragraph (A) of this rule, the board shall:
(1) Route the application to a board staff member who is responsible for monitoring the application and communicating with the applicant regarding the status of the application, including informing the applicant of any documentation needed for the board to process the application;
(2) Expedite the processing of the application, even if the application was received later in time than other applications that are pending processing;
(3) Provide information to applicants if the applicant or his/her spouse will be imminently deployed, regarding available fee and continuing education waivers, as discussed in rule 4751-1-103 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Request that the applicant submit documentation to the board demonstrating that the applicant is a service member, veteran, or spouse or surviving spouse of a service member or veteran; and,
(5) Track, on an annual basis, the total umber of applications submitted by service members, veterans, or spouses or surviving spouses of service members or veterans, and the average number of business days expended b the board to process those applications.
(C) For purposes of paragraph (B)(4) of this rule, acceptable forms of documentation include:
(1) A copy of a document issued by the armed forces showing the applicant is a service member or veteran, or that the applicant's spouse was a service member or veteran; and,
(2) If the applicant is a spouse or surviving spouse of a service member or veteran, a copy of the document showing that the applicant and the service member or veteran are spouses according to the law of any state or county.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 02/17/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4751.04, 5903.04 ; Section 1908(c)(1) of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 1396g; 42 C.F.R. 431.707, 431.708
Rule Amplifies: 4751.04, 4751.06, 5903.03 ; Section 1908(c)(1) of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 1396g; 42 C.F.R. 431.707, 431.708, 431.710, 431.714