(A) Reinstatement is mandatory for any person wishing to practice who held a license to practice as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in the state of Ohio according to section 4755.40 of the Revised Code.
(B) A reinstatement application must be completed and returned to the physical therapy section of the Ohio occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic trainers board for review.
(D) The applicant must meet the appropriate continuing education requirements.
(1) For reinstatement applications submitted before March first of the year in which the applicant's license expired, the applicant shall complete the number of contact hours of continuing education that were required to renew the expired license. All contact hours used to reinstate the license shall be in accordance with rule 4755-23-08 of the Administrative Code. Contact hours used to meet the requirement of this paragraph shall not be used to renew the reinstated license.
(2) For reinstatement applications submitted on or after March first of the year in which the applicant's license expired, the applicant shall complete the number of contact hours specified in paragraph (A) of rule 4755-23-08 of the Administrative Code within the two year period immediately preceding the date the board receives the application for reinstatement. All contact hours used to reinstate the license shall be in accordance with rule 4755-23-08 of the Administrative Code. Contact hours used to meet the requirement of this paragraph shall not be used to renew the reinstated license.
(E) An applicant who has been out of the practice of physical therapy for a period of five or more years shall:
(1) Retake and pass the national physical therapy examination; or
(2) Complete the general practice practice review tool and submit an action plan based on the results of the practice review tool for any knowledge areas and/or systems where the applicant is identified as needing improvement. The action plan must be approved by the physical therapy section.
(3) Out of practice is defined as being actively engaged in the practice of physical therapy for fewer than five hundred hours over the five year period prior to the date the applicant submits the reinstatement application.
(G) The physical therapy section may require persons filing reinstatement applications to appear in person before the section.
(H) Any application received in accordance with this rule that remains incomplete one year after the initial application filing shall be considered to be abandoned and no further processing shall be undertaken with respect to that application.
(1) If the application process extends for a period longer than one year, the board may require updated information as it deems necessary.
(2) No application for licensure may be withdrawn without approval of the board.
(3) Submitted fees shall be neither refundable nor transferable.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/01/2015 and 07/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4755.411
Rule Amplifies: 4755.411, 4755.46
Prior Effective Dates: 9/21/01, 5/1/04, 5/1/05, 5/1/07, 3/20/08, 5/1/09, 5/1/10, 5/1/11