(A) Pursuant to rule 4755-43-08 of the Administrative Code, the athletic training license of an individual who fails to comply with the renewal requirements shall automatically expire on the thirtieth day of September of the appropriate year.
(B) All applicants for reinstatement shall submit a completed application on the forms specified by the section. All applications shall:
(1) Be typewritten or printed in ink or submitted electronically via the Ohio e-license system;
(2) Be signed by the applicant or electronically signed if applying via the Ohio e-license system;
(4) Contain proof that the applicant met the appropriate continuing education requirement:
(a) For reinstatement applications submitted on or after November first of the year in which the applicant's license expired, the applicant shall complete twenty-five contact hours of continuing education in accordance with rule 4755-45-01 of the Administrative Code within the two year period immediately preceding the application for reinstatement. Contact hours used to meet the requirements of this paragraph shall not be used to renew the reinstated license; or
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (B)(4)(a) of this rule, for reinstatement applications submitted before November first of the year in which the applicant's license expired, the applicant shall complete the number of contact hours of continuing education that were required to renew the expired license. All contact hours used to reinstate the license shall be earned in accordance with rule 4755-45-01 of the Administrative Code. Contact hours used to meet the requirements of this paragraph shall not be used to renew the reinstated license.
(5) Contain proof that the applicant holds current certification by the board of certification if the reinstatement application is submitted on or after December first of the year in which the applicant's license expired.
(6) Be accompanied by such evidence, statements, or documents as specified on the forms.
(C) In addition to the information required in paragraph (B) of this rule, the athletic trainers section may also require:
(1) Appearance before the section for a reinstatement interview.
(2) Taking or retaking the laws and rules examination.
(D) The athletic trainers section may reinstate a license and may waive payment of late fees for reinstatement when the section determines that a licensee demonstrates good cause why the licensee was unable to submit the renewal fee by the prescribed renewal date. In no instance shall the normal renewal fee be waived.
(E) For the purposes of filing an electronic reinstatement application via the Ohio e-license system, the board shall supply the applicant with a "UserID" and password. The use of the "UserID" and password provided by the board is solely the responsibility of the individual to whom it is issued and shall be limited to filing an electronic reinstatement application. The "UserID" and password shall constitute the legally recognized signature for the purposes of this rule and may not be transferred, distributed, or shared with any other person.
(F) Any application received in accordance with this rule that remains incomplete one year after the initial application filing shall be considered to be abandoned and no further processing shall be undertaken with respect to that application.
(1) If the application process extends for a period longer than one year, the board may require updated information as it deems necessary.
(2) No application for licensure may be withdrawn without approval of the board.
(3) Submitted fees shall be neither refundable nor transferable.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/02/2013 and 04/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4755.61
Rule Amplifies: 4755.61 , 4755.63
Prior Effective Dates: 7/8/91, 12/10/01, 3/28/03, 5/1/04, 5/1/05, 5/1/07, 5/1/08, 5/1/09, 5/1/11