Chapter 4755-46 Delegation of Tasks
(B) The primary function of unlicensed supportive personnel functioning under the supervision of an athletic trainer is to perform designated routine tasks related to the operation of athletic training.
(C) Athletic trainers shall only delegate tasks to unlicensed support personnel when they are on-site to supervise the delegated tasks.
(D) Athletic trainers shall not delegate to unlicensed support personnel:
(1) Interpretation of licensed practitioner referrals.
(2) Performance of evaluative procedures.
(3) Initiation or adjustment of treatment procedures or activities.
(4) Responsibility for planning patient care.
(A) A student is an unlicensed person. However, for purposes of the exemption from licensure contained in division (A)(3) of section 4755.65 of the Revised Code, a student need not be licensed if all of the following requirements are met:
(1) The athletic training education program is an accredited or approved post-secondary program that will lead to a baccalaureate or higher degree in athletic training;
(2) The student has not met the requirements to sit for the examination;
(3) The activities and services performed by the student constitute a part of an approved course of study in accordance with paragraphs (B) and (C) of this rule;
(4) Students are designated by titles which clearly indicate their status as a student.
(B) A student shall be supervised by an Ohio licensed athletic trainer. The supervising athletic trainer is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating the student's athletic training experience. Supervision requires daily visual and audible contact at all the sites at which the student provides services.
(C) Any documentation written by a student, must be countersigned by the supervising athletic trainer. Documentation shall include the student's signature and must be followed by a title which indicates student status.
(D) High school students are not "students" for the purpose of the exemption from licensure provided by section 4755.65 of the Revised Code and this rule. High school students should be referred to as "student aides." High school student aides are unlicensed persons as defined in rule 4755-46-01 of the Administrative Code.