(A) Any person may ascertain the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings of the counselor, social worker, and marriage and family therapist board, and its professional standards committees and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the board or its professional standards committees by any one of the following methods:
(1) Calling the board office by telephone during normal business hours.
(2) Contacting the board office in person during normal business hours.
(3) Any person or organization that makes a written request for such notification and provides the board with a self-addressed business-size envelope.
(B) Any person or organization who makes written request for routine notification of all regularly scheduled and special meetings of the counselor, social worker, and marriage and family therapist board and its professional standards committees and that provides the board with self-addressed business sized envelopes, shall receive notice of all such board meetings for a twelve-month period. After twelve months, such notification shall cease, unless the request is renewed in the manner set forth in this paragraph.
(1) Notices shall be mailed at least seven calendar days prior to any regularly scheduled meeting, and at least four calendar days prior to any special meeting, unless the meeting is an emergency meeting. Notices of special meetings shall include the type of business to be discussed.
(2) The person requesting notification is responsible to keep the board informed in writing of changes in his/her current mailing address.
(3) The obligation of the board under paragraph (B) of this rule to each person or organization fully complying with said requirements shall be deemed fully discharged with the mailing of notification to the most current mailing address and name on file with the board for this purpose, as of seven days prior to the particular regularly scheduled meeting.
(C) A representative of a news media organization, or of the business office of a professional organization of counselors, social workers, or marriage and family therapists may receive notification of board meetings by making a written request to the board office. The board shall compile a mailing list and shall mail notification of all regularly scheduled and special meetings to these representatives at their business addresses, in accordance with the schedule in paragraph (B)(1) of this rule.
(1) Not more than one representative of a radio or television station, newspaper, or other publication, or of a professional organization of counselors, social workers, or marriage and family therapists may receive such notification.
(2) The news media organization, or professional organization of counselors, social workers, or marriage and family therapists is responsible to notify the board in writing of changes in the name or mailing address of the recipient of such notification.
(3) Notification under paragraph (C) of this rule shall remain in effect for one year from the date of the written request, after which time the name of the organization shall be removed from the mailing list unless the request is renewed in writing.
(4) The obligation of the board under paragraph (C) of this rule to each organization shall be deemed fully discharged with the mailing of notification to the most current address and name on file with the board for this purpose.
(D) A representative of a news media organization may obtain telephone notification of emergency board meetings by making a written request to the board, including the name of the individual to be contacted, his/her mailing address, and a maximum of two telephone numbers where he/she can be reached. The board shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who request telephone notice of emergency meetings.
(1) In the event of an emergency meeting, the board shall immediately notify by telephone all representatives on the list of such meeting.
(2) Such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the media representative or if, after a reasonable effort, the board has been unable to provide such telephone notice.
(3) The media representative's name shall remain on the telephone notification list for one year from the date of the written request, after which time the name shall be removed unless the request is renewed in writing.
(4) The media representative or the organization is responsible to inform the board of any changes in telephone numbers or in the name of the person to be notified.
(E) The failure of any individual, organization, or organization representative to comply with the above requirements shall relieve the board of any obligation to provide advance notice of any kind of any public meeting to that individual, organization representative.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/12/2009 and 09/20/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4757.10
Rule Amplifies: 4757.05
Prior Effective Dates: Eff 6-11-85 (Emer.); 9-19-85 (Emer.); 12-19-85; 7-3-97; 9-20-02; 4-10-04