(A) The requirements for licensure as a professional counselor are generally set forth in sections 4757.22 and 4757.23 of the Revised Code. Applicants holding a doctoral degree in counselor education have completed considerable numbers of hours of coursework beyond the minimum requirements. Applicants shall be granted a professional counselor license once they meet the requirements in paragraphs (B) and (C) of this rule. Applicants holding a license in another state for more than five years shall apply under endorsement per rule 4757-13-06 of the Administrative Code.
(B) If an applicant holds a doctoral degree in counselor education, but is missing specific courses required in paragraph (A)(5) of rule 4757-13-01 of the Administrative Code, the board may offer them a consent agreement for professional counselor licensure with the following stipulations:
(1) The applicant shall have completed all core courses in paragraph (A)(4) of rule 4757-13-01 of the Administrative Code with emphasis on the internship including the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional disorders.
(2) The applicant shall document completion of all clinical courses in paragraph (A)(5) of rule 4757-13-01 of the Administrative Code before he or she is able to renew the professional counselor license. Should the coursework not be completed the professional counselor license may not be renewed until the course work is completed and documented by a transcript received at the board directly from the institution. The transcript courses shall be acceptable course(s) if they meet the requirements of paragraph (J)(1) of rule 4757-3-01 of the Administrative Code.
(C) All applicants for licensure as a professional counselor under this rule shall:
(1) Meet the educational requirements as established in paragraph (B) or (C) of this rule; and
(2) Successfully complete the licensure examination prescribed by the counselor professional standards committee. Applicants for the professional counselor examination shall have passed the required examination within ten years of application date; and
(3) Be of good moral character, and
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4757-13-04