(A) This rule establishes the requirements for an Ohio college or university counselor program seeking pre-approval that its program meets the requirements of rule 4757-13-01 of the Administrative Code. University or college counseling programs applying for pre-approval shall meet the following criteria.
(1) Programs that are council for accreditation of counseling and related educational programs, "CACREP", accredited in community or mental health counseling shall submit course numbers and descriptions showing which courses meet the requirements of paragraphs (A)(4) and (A)(5) of rule 4757-13-01 of the Administrative Code; or
(2) Programs that are not "CACREP" accredited in community or mental health counseling shall document how they address the items in the remainder of the board's approval application.
(1) Initial applications shall be approved for five years.
(2) Renewals shall be approved for five years and renewed each five years.
(3) Application forms shall require the following additional detail.
(a) Title of degrees offered;
(b) Sample transcripts that show degree titles and major;
(c) Copy of catalogs and brochures for the programs offered;
(d) Number of semester or quarter hours in their program for each degree listed;
(f) Non "CACREP" accredited programs shall complete all application questions on the board's form; and
(g) Other minor information required by the board approved form.
(5) Applicants with graduate degrees in counseling from programs not approved by this board shall submit written evidence that their degree program and any additional coursework meet all the criteria for a graduate degree in counseling set forth in paragraph (A) of rule 4757-13-01 of the Administrative Code.
(6) Programs resident outside of Ohio are not eligible for pre-approval under this rule.
(C) Supervision of students shall meet the requirements established in "CACREP" accreditation standards for community or mental health counseling programs. Students registered as counselor trainees with the board shall further meet supervision requirements per rule 4757-17-01 of the Administrative Code. The accreditation standards require face-to-face individual or triadic supervision of students. "Triadic" means one supervisor and two supervisees.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/12/2012 and 12/17/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4757.10 , 4757.22 , 4757.23
Rule Amplifies: 4757.22 , 4757.23
Prior Effective Dates: 3/7/97, 2/9/98, 7/10/00, 9/20/02, 1/10/08, 4/1/11