(A) The following steps are required for renewal of a license or certificate to practice as a CDCA, LCDC II, LCDC III, LICDC, LICDC-CS within each two-year period of licensure or certification.
(1) Completion of a renewal application documenting the following:
(a) A minimum of forty recognized clock hours of continuing education credit within the two year renewal period. Documentation of these hours does not need to be submitted with the renewal application. If selected in a random audit process, documentation shall be required;
(b) A minimum of six hours of the total forty hours shall be in chemical dependency specific education;
(c) A minimum of three hours of the total forty hours shall be in ethics education; and
(d) For renewal of a LICDC-CS license, a minimum of six hours shall be in clinical supervision education within the following areas: assessment/evaluation, counselors' professional development, management/administration and professional responsibility.
(e) The remaining hours must be field related.
(2) Chemical dependency counselors may be granted up to a maximum of twenty RCHs for authoring alcohol and other drug related publications at the board's discretion.
(3) A maximum of ten RCHs may be granted for presenting a workshop or teaching chemical dependency related courses. One RCH is given for each contact hour of training. Credit is not granted for preparation time.
(4) A maximum of ten RCHs may be granted for special language courses or workshops.
(5) A maximum of twenty RCHs may be granted for participation in in-service training programs. An in-service is one in which only agency staff participate. If the agency's in-service is open to individuals from outside the agency, there is no limit to the number of RCHs that can be earned.
(B) The renewal application shall be completed, signed and filed with required fee to the board no less than thirty days prior to the license or certificate lapse date.
(C) The board shall send renewal reminders ninety days prior to the lapse date.