(A) Any person may ascertain the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings of the Ohio board of dietetics, and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the board by any one of the following methods:
(1) Calling the board office by telephone during normal business hours (no collect calls will be accepted under any circumstances);
(2) Contacting the board office in person during normal business hours; or
(3) Providing the board with a written request for such notification and with a stamped self-addressed business-size envelope.
(4) Checking the board's website at www.dietetics.ohio.gov.
(B) Any person or organization who makes written request for routine notification of all regularly scheduled and special meetings of the board, shall be placed on the subscriber list maintained in the board office. Subscribers shall provide the board with one self-addressed stamped business-size envelope for each month during the time period that they wish to be notified. After the requested notification period has ended, such notification will cease, unless it is renewed in the manner set forth in this paragraph.
(1) Notices will be electronically disseminated at least seven calendar days prior to any regularly scheduled meeting, and at least four calendar days prior to any special meeting, unless the meeting is an emergency meeting. Notices of special meetings will include the type of business to be discussed.
(2) It is the responsibility of the person requesting notification to keep the board informed in writing of changes in the person's current mailing address.
(3) The obligation of the board under paragraph (B) of this rule to each person or organization fully complying with said requirements shall be deemed fully discharged with the mailing of notification to the most current mailing address and name on file with the board for this purpose, as of seven days prior to the particular regularly scheduled meeting.
(C) A representative of a news media organization, or of the business office of " The Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics," may receive notification of board meetings by making written request to the board office. The board will compile a mailing list and will mail notification of all regularly scheduled and special meetings to these representatives at their business addresses in accordance with the schedule in paragraph (B)(1) of this rule.
(1) Provided that not more than one representative of a radio or television station, newspaper, or other publication or of " The Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" may receive such notification.
(2) It is the responsibility of the news media organization or "The Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" to notify the board in writing of changes in the name or mailing address of the recipient of such information.
(3) Notification under paragraph (C) of this rule will remain in effect for one year from the date of the written request after which time the name of the organization will be removed from the mailing list unless the request is renewed in writing.
(4) The obligation of the board under paragraph (C) of this rule to each organization fully complying with said requirements shall be deemed fully discharged with the mailing of notification to the most current address and name on file with the board for this purpose, as of seven days prior to the particular regularly scheduled meeting, or four days prior to the particular special meeting.
(D) A representative of a news media organization may obtain telephone notification of emergency board meetings by making a written request to the board, including the name of the individual to be contacted, the individual's mailing address, and a maximum of two telephone numbers where the individual can be reached. The board will maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who request telephone notice of emergency meetings.
(1) In the event of an emergency meeting, the board shall immediately notify by telephone all represenatives on the list of such meeting.
(2) Such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the media representative or if, after a reasonable effort, the board has been unable to provide such telephone notice.
(3) The media representative's name shall remain on the telephone notification list for one year from the date of the written request, after which time it will be removed unless the request is renewed in writing.
(4) It shall be the responsibility of the media representative or the media representative's organization to inform the board of any changes in telephone number or in the name of the person to be notified.
(E) The failure of any individual, organization, or organization representative to comply with the above requirements shall relieve the board of any obligation to provide advance notice of any kind of any public meeting to that individual, organization, or organization representative.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/18/2012 and 12/18/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4759.05(A)
Rule Amplifies: 121.22(F), 4759.04
Prior Effective Dates: 11/30/87; 2/9/98; 3/15/03