(A) An applicant shall successfully complete a preprofessional dietetic experience that is approved by "The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" and is at least equivalent to the requirement for such programs adopted by "The Commission On Dietetic Registration."
(B) Doctoral degree alternative.
As an alternative to the requirements in paragraph (A) of this rule, the holder of a doctoral degree may meet the preprofessional dietetic experience by successfully completing a planned program of continuous experience in dietetic practice of not less than nine hundred hours under the supervision of a licensed dietitian in this state or a registered dietitian provided all the following conditions are satisfied:
(1) The applicant holds the doctoral degree from an accredited institution;
(2) The applicant has, as part of successfully completing either a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution, a major in any of the following subjects: human nutrition, food and nutrition, dietetics, food systems management, or public health nutrition;
(3) The applicant has submitted the program to the board for its approval and received approval prior to engaging in the planned program;
(4) The experience meets requirements that are at least equivalent to the requirements adopted by "The Commission On Dietetic Registration"; and
(5) Following completion of the program, the applicant shall submit a certificate of completion signed by the dietitian who supervised the program.
For purposes of this paragraph, an "accredited institution" is either: an institution accredited to grant the degree described in this paragraph by an accrediting agency that is recognized by the "Council for Higher Education Accreditation" or its predecessors ; or an institution in a foreign country when the applicant presents evidence that the doctoral degree has been validated as equivalent to a degree under this paragraph by an institution accredited for such degrees in accordance with this paragraph or; by an agency specializing in educational credential evaluations which is acceptable to the board.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/18/2012 and 12/18/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4759.05(A)
Rule Amplifies: 4759.05(A)(3) , 4759.06(A)(6)
Prior Effective Dates: 11/30/87, 2/9/98, 3/21/08