(A) The board may grant a limited permit to a person who has completed the education and preprofessional requirements for licensure upon the following conditions:
(1) The person has filed a completed application for a limited permit and paid the appropriate fee;
(2) The application contains any required statements or transcripts verifying completion of the academic and preprofessional requirements in order to qualify to take the examination for licensure; and
(3) The applicant indicates intent to take the examination for licensure within seven months of the issuance of the limited permit.
(B) The permit shall expire if the permit holder fails to take the examination in a timely manner or fails the examination twice.
(C) Limited permits shall expire the following October thirty-first for those issued between April first and September thirtieth and the following April thirtieth for those issued between October first and March thirty-first.
(D) A limited permit may be renewed.
(E) A limited permit holder who fails the examination must report the results to the board office immediately.
(1) The first time the limited permit holder fails, the limited permit holder shall practice only under the direct supervision of an Ohio licensed dietitian as approved by the board.
(2) The second time the limited permit holder fails, the limited permit expires immediately.
(F) A limited permit shall not be issued to a person who has failed the examination two or more times.
(G) The licensed dietitian who provides direct supervision of a person who has failed the examination and holds a limited permit shall provide sufficient guidance and direction to enable the person to perform competently. Direct supervision means that the licensee providing the supervision needs to be readily available by telecommunication, or in person and the licensee must review the work of the supervisee at least every fourteen days. When reviewing the work of a supervisee, the licensee shall comply with standards for professional responsibility and practice set forth in Chapter 4759-6 of the Administrative Code.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4759.05(A)
Rule Amplifies: 4759.05(A)(4) , 4759.06(F) , 4759.08(A)(3)
Prior Effective Dates: 11/30/87, 2/9/98, 3/15/03, 3/21/08