Chapter 4761:1-13 Continuing Education
(A) Licensed HME facilities must provide ten contact hours of continuing education per renewal cycle for staff rendering HME services to the public in the state of Ohio, unless a waiver of one-half of the contact hours is granted under paragraph (E) of this rule.
(B) Of the number of continuing education contact hours required, one contact hour must include subject content on infection control, equipment cleaning standards and cleaning agents, rotation of inventory, or equipment separation requirements. The remaining contact hours must be relevant to the HME services rendered. The following are acceptable sources of continuing education:
(1) Inservice education developed and taught by the HME facility, or
(2) Inservice education developed and taught by an HME manufacturer, or
(3) Continuing education approved by any organization recognized by the board under paragraph (A)(5) of rule 4761-9-05 of the Administrative Code that offers continuing education relevant to HME services rendered, or by an HME trade association.
(C) Continuing education credits shall be documented for employed staff involved in HME service delivery to the public. Records of attendance and completion shall include:
(1) Sign in logs; and
(2) Agendas and training manuals for facility based in-services;
(3) Documentation of completed continuing education courses taken by each staff member must be maintained in that employees personnel file and must be available for review by a board investigator upon demand.
(D) Any HME trade association that provides HME continuing education may apply to the board to be recognized as an authorized continuing education provider. Request for recognition must be made in writing to the board and the HME trade organization must provide the board with an overview of their association and an outline of the continuing education courses provided by that association, including course content.
(E) A licensed HME provider may apply to the board for waiver of one-half of the continuing education contact hours required, if the licensed provider receives total payments of not more than ten thousand dollars per year from selling or renting HME.