Chapter 4761:1-4 Accreditation
(A) The board recognizes the joint commission as a national body that accredits HME service providers.
(B) The board, at its discretion, may approve other national accrediting bodies if the accrediting agency submits a written request to the board for recognition. In determining whether an accrediting organization will be recognized by the board, the board will determine if the agency applying to be an approved accrediting agency meets the following criteria:
(1) The agency is recognized by CMS or other nationally recognized independent quality review organization;
(2) The agency operates under the control of a multi-disciplinary governing body or board;
(3) The agency operates within the continental United States;
(4) The agency currently accredits and maintains accreditation of at least fifty HME, respiratory or rehab organizations;
(5) The agency has a measurable process with outcome standards for determining whether they accredit an HME service provider;
(6) The agency performs on site evaluations of organizations using quantitative performance criteria;
(7) The agency awards accreditation for a finite period of time;
(8) the agency develops and publishes surveyor/site visitor qualifications and competency;
(9) The agency provides written reports of survey visits, observations, violations, citation and requirements for improvement; and
(10) The agency signs a cooperative agreement with the board, for mutual reporting of legal or accrediting violations.
(C) If the board determines that the agency applying to be recognized as an approved accrediting organization by the board does not meet the requirements of paragraph (B) of this rule, the board may propose to deny recognition of the accrediting organization. If an organization is denied recognition status, they will be provided with a notice of proposed denial and will be entitled to a hearing pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/06/2010 and 05/06/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4752.17(A)(3)
Rule Amplifies: 4752.12(A) , 4752.17(A)(3)
Prior Effective Dates: 05/23/2005