(A) Activities which do not meet the Ohio RCCE requirement shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Basic life support (hereafter referred to as BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (hereafter referred to as CPR) provider courses;
(2) Repetition of any educational activity with identical objectives and content within the same reporting period;
(3) Employer specific orientation or inservice programs which do not significantly enhance the practice of respiratory care or related technologies;
(4) Self-directed independent study such as reading of texts or journal articles which have not been approved by any of the mechanisms listed under rule 4761-9-05 of the Administrative Code.
(5) Participation in clinical practice or research that is not part of an approved RCCE activity;
(6) Personal development activities not taken for the purpose of meeting RCCE requirements;
(7) Professional meetings and conventions except for those portions designated as approved RCCE activities;
(8) Community service and volunteer practice;
(9) Membership in a professional organization;
(10) RCCE contact hours ordered by the board, above and beyond the prescribed contact hours, as set forth under rule 4761-9-03 of the Administrative Code.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4761.03(A)(3), 4761.03(A)(4)
Rule Amplifies: 4761.03(a)(3), 4761.03(a)(4), 4761.06
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/94. 1/1/96, 7/11/03, 10/26/2009