(A) Applicants for renewal shall successfully complete the required number of RCCE contact hours according to rule 4761-9-02 of the Administrative Code. RCCE earned from any combination of the following sources may be applicable towards meeting RCCE requirements:
(1) Relevant college credit awarded by an academic institution accredited by its regional accrediting association. This is limited to respiratory care related classes.
(2) RCCE contact hours awarded by respiratory care educational programs approved by the board in accordance with rule 4761-4-01 of the Administrative Code.
(3) The successful completion of advanced life support programs and/or instructors for life support programs will qualify to meet the RCCE requirement. Those meeting this requirement are, but may not be limited to advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), neonatal resuscitation program (NRP), and advanced trauma life support (ATLS). The number of contact hours for each program must be assigned by the educational provider. Licensees will be responsible for acquiring documentation supporting completion of the program, the date of completion, and the number of contact hours earned.
(4) Recertification for ACLS, PALS, NRP, or ATLS. The number of contact hours for each program must be assigned by the educational provider. Licensees will be responsible for acquiring documentation supporting completion of the program, the date of completion, and the number of contact hours earned.
(5) All or portions of a continuing education activity relevant to the practice of respiratory care which meet the requirements of paragraph (A) of rule 4761-9-01 of the Administrative Code and which have been approved by a professional organization or association awarding continuing education contact hours, including, but not limited to the American association for respiratory care (A.A.R.C.), the American medical association (A.M.A.), the American nurses association (A.N.A.), the Ohio association of physician assistants (O.A. P.A.), the Ohio society for respiratory care (O.S.R.C.), the Ohio state medical association (O.S.M.A.), the Ohio nurses association (O.N.A.), the Ohio thoracic society (O.T.S.), the American college of chest physicians (A.C.C.P.), the American heart association (A.H.A.), the American lung association (A.L.A.), the Ohio lung association (O.L.A.), and the American association of critical care nurses (A.A.C.C.N.).
(6) Relevant education and training provided by a branch of the U.S. military for active duty military service members.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 2/28/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4761.03
Rule Amplifies: 4761.03 , 4761.06
Prior Effective Dates: 01/01/1994, 05/19/1997, 09/21/1998, 07/11/2003, 07/01/2008, 08/15/2008, 06/04/2014, 02/28/2019