[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule, see paragraph (CC) in rule 4765-11-01 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) A training course for fire safety inspector certification shall consist of a minimum of seventy-two hours and shall meet both of the following training requirements:
(1) Shall meet the "Fire Safety Inspector Course Objectives;"
(2) Shall meet the performance objectives set forth in "NFPA 1031" for fire inspector I.
(B) The chartered program shall require a current and valid firefighter certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 4765-20 of the Administrative Code for admission to a fire safety inspector course.
(C) The chartered program shall require each student to be employed by one of the the following in order to be eligible for admission to a fire safety inspector course:
(1) The office of the state fire marshal;
(2) A firefighting agency as defined in division (A)(3) of section 9.60 of the Revised Code;
(3) A private fire company as defined in division (A)(5) of section 9.60 of the Revised Code that is providing fire protection in accordance with division (B), (C), or (D) of section 9.60 of the Revised Code.
(D) The training requirements listed in paragraph (A) of this rule shall commence and end within a consecutive twelve-month period.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/16/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4765.55
Rule Amplifies: 4765.55
Prior Effective Dates: 6/30/75, 5/1/79, 1/1/89, 1/1/96, 9/25/00, 9/30/04 , 1/24/08