[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule, see paragraph (CC) in rule 4765-11-01 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) A fire instructor course shall consist of a minimum of sixty hours and shall include all of the following training requirements:
(1) Forty hours in instruction of adult students and basic teaching techniques as set forth in the "Ohio Fire and EMS Instructor Curriculum;"
(2) Completion of the four hour "Fire Service Training Module;"
(3) Completion of the four hour "Live Fire Training Awareness Course;"
(4) Ten hours of supervised teaching in the presence of a fire instructor and under the auspices of a chartered program;
(5) The final two hours shall be credited toward successful completion of the instructional methods examination.
(B) A fire instructor course shall be taught by a fire instructor trainer under the auspices of a chartered program.
(C) The supervised teaching required in paragraph (A)(4) of this rule shall not occur until the student has received the forty hours of instruction as required in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule.
(D) A person seeking certification as a fire instructor who holds at least a baccalaureate degree in education may be granted credit by the program director for the forty hours of instruction required in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule. The program director shall maintain documentation.
(E) An assistant fire instructor training course shall consist of the requirements outlined in paragraphs (A)(2) to (A)(3) of this rule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/16/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4765.55
Rule Amplifies: 4765.55
Prior Effective Dates: 6/30/75, 5/1/79, 1/1/89, 1/1/96, 9/25/00, 5/29/03, 9/30/04, and 01/24/08