(A) Emergency medical service personnel shall transport a trauma victim, as defined in section 4765.01 of the Revised Code and this chapter, directly to an adult or pediatric trauma center that is qualified to provide appropriate adult or pediatric care, unless one or more of the following exceptions apply:
(1) It is medically necessary to transport the victim to another hospital for initial assessment and stabilization before transfer to an adult or pediatric trauma center;
(2) It is unsafe or medically inappropriate to transport the victim directly to an adult or pediatric trauma center due to adverse weather or ground conditions or excessive transport time;
(3) Transporting the victim to an adult or pediatric trauma center would cause a shortage of local emergency medical service resources;
(4) No appropriate adult or pediatric trauma center is able to receive and provide adult or pediatric trauma care to the trauma victim without undue delay;
(5) Before transport of a patient begins, the patient requests to be taken to a particular hospital that is not a trauma center or, if the patient is less than eighteen years of age or is not able to communicate, such a request is made by an adult member of the patient's family or a legal representative of the patient.