(A) An applicant for renewal of a certificate to teach as an EMS instructor must meet the following criteria:
(1) Submit a completed renewal application, on a form approved by the board, on or before the expiration date of the current certificate;
(2) Continues to meet all standards for a certificate to teach as set forth in this chapter;
(3) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(5) During the preceding certification cycle, has provided not less than twenty-four hours of instruction of an EMS training or continuing education program offered by an accredited or approved institution;
(6) Satisfies one of the following:
(a) During the preceding certification cycle, has completed six hours of instructional continuing education related to the objectives, as approved by the board. The objectives can be found at http://www.ems.ohio.gov; or
(b) Successfully completes the instructional methods examination.
(7) Unless otherwise waived by the board, attends any mandatory instructor meetings held by the board.
(C) An applicant for renewal must maintain records relating to the requirements set forth in paragraphs (A)(5) and (A)(6) of this rule for the current and previous certification cycle. Such records are subject to audit by the division, as directed by the board and in accordance with rule 4765-9-02 of the Administrative Code.
(D) A renewed certificate to teach as an EMS instructor does not become effective until the expiration of the current certificate.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/22/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4765.23
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/96, 2/22/99, 6/29/01, 10/2/03, 2/1/09, 1/1/11