(A) An individual who has completed a course of instruction in teaching methodology in another state, the district of Columbia, a United States territory, a branch of the United States military or the United States coast guard, may be issued a certificate to teach as an EMS instructor, if all of the following are met:
(1) The course of instruction is substantially similar to the curriculum requirements set forth in this chapter;
(2) Submits a completed application as approved by the board;
(3) Possesses a current and valid Ohio certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(4) In the preceding seven years, has been certified or licensed for at least five years as an EMS provider, registered nurse or physician assistant in this state or another state;
(5) Has passed the knowledge examination consistent with the certificate to practice as an EMS provider, within the preceding three years;
(6) Passes the practical examination for the individual's level of certification, within the preceding three years;
(7) Has successfully completed the following requirements for an EMS instructor training program:
(a) Eight hours in instruction specific to the field of emergency medical services;
(b) Ten hours of supervised teaching in the presence of an EMS instructor under the auspices of an accredited institution;
(c) Has passed the instructional methods examination within one year from the completion of the instructor training program. Failure to pass this examination within three attempts will require completion of a new EMS instructor training program.
(8) Is in compliance with the requirements for a certificate to practice as set forth in paragraphs (A)(6) to (A)(12) of rule 4765-8-01 of the Administrative Code.
(B) A person who has previously held a certificate to teach as an EMS instructor in Ohio or another state, which was previously revoked by the board or licensing agency of this state or another state, is not eligible for reciprocity.
(C) If a person is eligible for reinstatement as set forth in rule 4765-18-08, 4765-18-17, or 4765-18-20 of the Administrative Code, then that person is not eligible to be issued a certificate under this rule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/22/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4765.23
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/96, 2/22/99, 6/29/01, 10/2/03, 2/1/09