[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this chapter and Chapters 4765-01 to 4765-10 and 4765-12 to 4765-19 of the Administrative Code, see rule 4765-1-03 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) No later than sixty days prior to the expiration of a certificate to teach, the division shall notify each certificate holder of the certificate's scheduled expiration date and a mechanism for renewal.
(B) An applicant for renewal of a certificate to teach continuing education must meet the following requirements:
(1) Submits a completed "Continuing Education Instructor Renewal Application", on or before the expiration date of the current certificate;
(2) Continues to meet the requirements for a certificate to teach as a continuing education instructor as set forth in this chapter;
(4) During the preceding certification cycle, has provided not less than six hours of instruction of an EMS continuing education program offered by an accredited institution, approved institution or while on active duty in the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio national guard or the national guard of any other state;
(5) During the preceding certification cycle, has completed two hours of instructional continuing education related to the "Fire and EMS Instructor Curriculum" objectives ;
(6) Unless waived by the board, attends any mandatory meetings for continuing education instructors held by the board.
(C) There shall be no fee for a "Continuing Education Instructor Renewal Application."
(E) An applicant for renewal must maintain records relating to the requirements set forth in paragraphs (B)(5) and (B)(6) of this rule for the current and previous certification cycle. Such records are subject to audit by the division, as directed by the board and in accordance with rule 4765-9-02 of the Administrative Code.
(F) A renewed certificate to teach continuing education does not become effective until the expiration of the current certificate.
Replaces: 4765-18-14, in part
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/15/2014 and 01/22/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4765.23, R.C. 5903.03, R.C. 5903.121
Prior Effective Dates: 2/1/09, 1/1/11