[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this chapter and Chapters 4765-01 to 4765-10 and 4765-12 to 4765-19 of the Administrative Code, see rule 4765-1-03 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) An applicant for a certificate to teach as an assistant EMS instructor must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Submits a completed "Assistant EMS Instructor Initial Application";
(2) In the preceding five years, has been certified or licensed for at least three years as an EMS provider, registered nurse or physician assistant;
(3) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(4) Has passed the knowledge examination at the level of the individual's certificate to practice as an EMS provider, within the preceding three years;
(5) Has passed the practical examination for the individual's level of certification, within the preceding three years;
(7) Completes ten hours of supervised teaching in the presence of an EMS instructor, under the auspices of an accredited institution;
(B) The division shall consider relevant education, training, or service completed by the holder of a certificate to practice as a member of the armed forces of the United States, the Ohio national guard, the Ohio military reserve, the Ohio naval militia, or the national guard of any other state or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States; in determining whether the holder of a certificate to practice has met the experience and educational requirements for a certificate to teach as an EMS instructor set forth in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(C) There shall be no fee for an "Assistant EMS Instructor Initial Application."
Replaces: 4765-18-14, in part