(A) An applicant for a certificate to teach as an assistant EMS instructor must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Submits a completed application as approved by the board;
(2) In the preceding five years, has been certified or licensed for at least three years as an EMS provider, registered nurse or physician assistant;
(3) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(4) Has passed the knowledge examination at the level of the individual's certificate to practice as an EMS provider, within the preceding three years;
(5) Passes the practical examination for the individual's level of certification, within the preceding three years;
(6) Completes the eight hours in instruction specific to the field of emergency medical services as outlined in rule 4765-18-04 of the Administrative Code;
(7) Completes ten hours of supervised teaching in the presence of an EMS instructor, under the auspices of an accredited institution;
(8) Is in compliance with the requirements for a certificate to practice as set forth in paragraphs (A)(6) to (A)(12) of rule 4765-8-01 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Failure to meet any of the requirements in paragraph (A) of this rule may lead to board action under rule 4765-10-03 of the Administrative Code.