(A) An applicant for renewal of a certificate to teach as an assistant EMS instructor must meet the following criteria:
(1) Submit a completed renewal application, on a form approved by the board, on or before the expiration date of the current certificate;
(2) Continues to meet the requirements for a certificate to teach as an assistant EMS instructor as set forth in this chapter;
(3) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(4) Satisfies the requirements for a certificate to practice a set forth in paragraphs (A)(6) to (A)(12) of rule 4765-8-01 of the Administrative Code;
(5) During the preceding certification cycle, has provided not less than sixteen hours of instruction of an EMS training or continuing education program offered by an accredited or approved institution;
(6) During the preceding certification cycle, has completed six hours of instructional continuing education related to the objectives, as approved by the board. The objectives can be found at http://www.ems.ohio.gov;
(7) Unless otherwise waived by the board, attends any mandatory instructor meetings held by the board.
(B) Failure to meet any of the requirements in paragraph (A) of this rule may lead to board action under rule 4765-10-03 of the Administrative Code.
(C) An applicant for renewal must maintain records relating to the requirements set forth in paragraphs (A)(5) and (A)(6) of this rule for the current and previous certification cycle. Such records are subject to audit by the division, as directed by the board and in accordance with rule 4765-9-02 of the Administrative Code.
(D) A renewed certificate to teach as an assistant EMS instructor does not become effective until the expiration of the current certificate.