(A) An individual holding a current and valid certificate to teach as an assistant EMS instructor who wants to upgrade to an EMS instructor must meet all of the following:
(1) Submits a completed application as approved by the board;
(2) Must complete the fifty hours in instruction of adult students and basic teaching techniques or must complete the mentorship program, as required in rule 4765-18-04 of the Administrative Code;
(3) Satisfies the requirements for a certificate to practice a set forth in paragraphs (A)(6) to (A)(12) of rule 4765-8-01 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(5) Has passed the knowledge examination at the level of the individual's certificate to practice as an EMS provider, within the preceding three years. However, if the individual passed the knowledge examination in order to become certified as an assistant EMS instructor, regardless of time lapsed since passing the test, the individual is not required to pass another knowledge examination.
(6) Has passed the instructional methods examination. Failure to pass this examination within three attempts within one year from completion of the instructor training program will require a completion of new EMS instructor training program.
(B) All requirements for the upgrade must be completed within the preceding three years.