(A) Pursuant to section 4765.31 of the Revised Code, the division as directed by the board may grant an extension of time for the holder of a certificate to practice to comply with the continuing education required for renewal.
(B) The division may grant an extension if a written request is received prior to the expiration date of the certificate to practice, and the request includes the following information:
(1) Justification for the extension;
(2) Length of extension requested;
(3) Specific plan for completion of the continuing education requirement within the length of time requested;
(4) Signature of the certificate holder.
(C) If a request for extension is received after the expiration date, but no more than ninety days after the expiration, the division may grant an extension if it determines there are extenuating circumstances affecting either the submission of the request for extension in a timely manner, or the ability of the certificate holder to comply with the continuing education requirement.
(D) The division, by direction of the board, has full discretion in determining all of the following:
(1) Whether a request for extension should be granted;
(2) The length of time for which an extension should be granted;
(3) Whether, or to what extent, the holder of a lapsed certificate to practice may engage in activities for which a certificate to practice is otherwise required.
(E) An individual who is granted an extension pursuant to this rule must complete the continuing education requirements and submit an application to the division no later than the expiration date of the granted expiration.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/12/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: 4765.31
Prior Effective Dates: 6/15/95 (Emer.), 10/1/95, 2/22/99, 3/23/03