(A) An applicant for renewal of a certificate of fire training shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Submit a completed renewal application, on a form approved by the executive director, on or before the expiration date of the applicant's current certificate;
(2) Continue to meet all standards for certification as set forth in section 4765.55 of the Revised Code and paragraphs (A)(5) to (A)(6) of rule 4765-20-02 of the Administrative Code at the level for which renewal is sought;
(3) Completion of continuing education requirements as provided under section 4765.55 of the Revised Code and this chapter.
(B) In deciding whether to renew a certificate of fire training, the executive director, with advice and counsel of the committee, has the following options:
(1) The executive director shall renew a certificate of fire training for an applicant who meets all of the requirements listed in paragraph (A) of this rule;
(2) The executive director may renew, refuse , restrict, suspend, impose a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars, or revoke a certificate of fire training for an applicant who fails to meet one or more of the renewal requirements listed in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(C) An applicant for renewal must maintain records which are subject to audit by the division in accordance with rule 4765-22-01 of the Administrative Code, documenting completion of the applicant's continuing education requirements for the current and previous certification cycle.
(D) There shall be no fee required for an application for renewal of a certificate of fire training.
(E) A renewed certificate of fire training does not become effective until the expiration date of the current certificate.