(A) The executive director, with advice and counsel of the committee, shall issue a certificate of equivalency to an applicant who meets the following requirements:
(1) The applicant submits a completed application on a form prescribed by the executive director.
(2) The applicant completed a fire training program in another state, branch of the U.S. military, or other fire training program approved by the executive director that has training standards that equal to or the same as those in this chapter and has successfully completed a structured training program that required the student to pass one or more written and practical examinations that test knowledge, skills, and ability to provide firefighter services.
(3) The training program requires classroom and practical skills training in the subject areas for approximately the same number of course hours required by this chapter;
(4) The applicant meets all the requirements for admission under paragraphs (A)(5) to (A)(6) of rule 4765-20-02oftheAdministrativeCode.
(5) Within twelve months after the application is approved and a letter of authorization is issued, the applicant passes, within three attempts an examination approved by the executive director within three attempts at the level for which certification is sought:
An applicant who possesses a certificate from the international fire service accreditation congress or national board on professional qualifications is required to take the examination listed in this rule if their training did not requires the student to pass one or more written and practical examinations.
Replaces: Part of former 4765-11-16
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/23/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4765.55
Rule Amplifies: 4765.55
Prior Effective Dates: 12/09/05, 5/1/75, 6/30/75, 1/1/89, 7/3/97, 9/25/00