When applying for renewal of a fire safety inspector certificate, a person certified as a fire safety inspector shall document compliance with the following continuing education requirements:
(A) Completion of a total of not fewer than thirty hours of continuing education devoted to the following topics:
(1) The theory of fire code enforcement;
(2) Enforcement of fire codes;
(3) Life safety system of building and uses;
(4) The safe use and maintenance of facilities, building, and uses which are subject to the state of Ohio fire code;
(5) The safe handling of materials which pose a fire hazard;
(6) Fire code administration;
(7) Legal method of code enforcement;
(8) Legal rights of landlords and tenants under federal, state, and local laws;
(9) The application, installation, use, and interpretation of the NFPA standards.
(B) Continuing education shall be operated by or under the auspices of post secondary institutions of higher education, courses sponsored by a recognized state agency, chartered training programs, fire schools, fire training academies, or a fire department operated by federal, state, county, or local government, or non-profit organizations.
(C) Continuing education programs offering continuing education, as outlined in this rule, shall provide for regular evaluation of student performance prior to the issuance of a certificate of completion.