(A) The executive director shall issue a certificate to teach a firefighter or fire safety inspector training program to an individual who meets all of the following:
(1) Submits a completed application on a form approved by the executive director;
(2) Is in compliance with all entrance requirements outlined in this chapter;
(3) Has successfully completed a fire instructor training program as set forth in rule 4765-11-15 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Has passed, within three attempts, the techniques examination as set forth in rule 4765-20-06 of the Administrative Code;
Failure to pass the techniques examination within three attempts will require completion of a new fire service instructor training program. Credit for the written fire instructor knowledge examination shall remain valid for two years from the date of successful completion of this examination.
(5) Has completed all requirements for a certificate to teach within two years of successful completion of the written knowledge examination.
(6) Is in compliance with the requirements set forth in paragraphs (A)(2) to (A)(6) of rule 4765-20-02 of the Administrative Code.
(B) A certified instructor shall maintain a current and valid certificate of fire service training.
(C) A certificate to teach shall run concurrently with the individual's certificate of fire training and may be renewed by the executive director pursuant to rule 4765-21-04 of the Administrative Code.
Replaces: Part of former 4765-11-08
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/23/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4765.55
Rule Amplifies: 4765.55
Prior Effective Dates: 9/30/04, 6/30/75, 5/1/79, 1/1/89, 1/1/96, 5/29/03