(A) The executive director shall issue a certificate to teach as an assistant fire instructor to an individual that meets the following:
(1) Submits a completed application as approved by the executive director;
(2) Possess a current certificate to practice as a firefighter issued under section 4765.55 of the Revised Code;
(3) In the preceding seven years, have not less than five years experience or training in a related area determined acceptable by the executive director, with the advice and counsel of the committee;
(4) Pass a written knowledge examination at the individual's level of fire certification;
(5) Has successfully completed a course on NFPA standard 1403 conducted by a chartered program;
(6) Is in compliance with the requirements set forth in paragraphs (A)(5) and (A)(6) of rule 4765-20-02 of the Administrative Code;
(B) In addition to the requirements set forth in paragraph (A) of this rule, a chartered program may require an assistant instructor to possess current teaching certification in the area of fire service training issued by the state board of education under section 3319.281 of the Revised Code.
(C) An assistant instructor certification shall run concurrently with the individual's certificate of fire service training and may be renewed by the executive director pursuant to rule 4765-21-04 of the Administrative Code.
(D) A certified assistant instructor shall maintain a current and valid certificate of fire service training.
Replaces: Part of former 4765-11-08
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/23/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4765.55
Rule Amplifies: 4765.55
Prior Effective Dates: 9/30/04, 6/30/75, 5/1/79, 1/1/89, 1/1/96, 9/25/00, 5/29/03