(A) Each regional director or RPAB may develop and recommend written medical protocols for EMS providers, organizations and personnel operating in the area served by the regional director or RPAB.
(B) The regional directors or RPAB may provide advice and counsel to the board regarding emergency medical care and emergency medical service system development issues.
(C) In order to assist in developing and maintaining appropriate emergency medical services in its region, each regional director or RPAB may provide the following services:
(1) Assist in developing EMS continuing education programs within its region;
(2) Assist in the organization, evaluation, and procurement of equipment for EMS organizations in its region;
(3) Assist in the maintenance of information regarding all EMS providers and organizations in the region including the name of the medical director or physician advisory board members for each;
(4) Assist in the identification of problems with the provision of emergency medical services in the region and development of strategies to address such problems;
(5) Facilitate agreements for mutual aid and assistance between EMS organizations in the region ;
(6) Assist the Ohio "American College of Emergency Physicians" (ACEP) in regularly revising its EMS medical directors' course to ensure the course remains accurate.
(E) Each regional director or RPAB shall determine whether its region needs regional protocols for the triage of adult, pediatric and geriatric trauma victims. If such protocols already exist, the regional director or RPAB shall review them for potential amendments in accordance with section 4765.40 of the Revised Code. The regional director or RPAB shall notify the division in writing regarding whether or not the region will be amending its protocols. If the regional director or RPAB decides to adopt new protocols or amend current protocols, it shall follow the process for notification and submission of the protocols as set forth in section 4765.40 of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/14/2014 and 01/22/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4765.05
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/96, 2/22/99, 2/1/09