(A) Pursuant to section 4765.06 of the Revised Code, each emergency medical service organization shall report all EMS incidents to the emergency medical services incident reporting system.
(1) Each EMS organization shall submit data and information as specified by the EMS board. Such data and information shall include, at a minimum, the following:
(a) Identification of the EMS organization;
(b) Time and date of incident;
(c) Location of incident;
(d) Certification level of EMS personnel involved;
(e) Patient demographics;
(f) Information regarding provider assessment;
(g) Information regarding treatment provided;
(h) Transport information.
(2) The board shall grant an exemption from reporting to the EMS incident reporting system in cases of mass casualty incidents and/or natural disasters.
(3) The board may require the reporting of any EMS casualty data to determine methods of reducing or preventing such casualties.
(B) Pursuant to section 4765.06 of the Revised Code health care facilities, state and other public agencies designated by the board that possess information regarding trauma care, and county coroners shall submit data and information to the state trauma registry.
(1) The board shall specify the data and information to be submitted to the state trauma registry by those entities required to do so. Such information shall include, at a minimum, the following:
(a) Type and cause of injury;
(b) Severity of injury;
(c) Patient outcomes;
(d) Patient demographics;
(e) Information regarding treatments provided;
(f) Financial data pertinent to trauma care.
(2) All trauma related deaths shall be reported by the coroner of the county in which the death occurred to the state trauma registry in a manner specified by the board within one hundred-eighty days after the death occurs.
(C) In identifying the information to be provided to the state trauma registry and the EMS incident reporting system under section 4765.06 of the Revised Code and this chapter, the board shall take into consideration the financial and other burdens that these requirements will place on the entities that are required to report.
Replaces: Part of former 4765-4-03, 4765-13-03
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4765.06 , 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4765.06
Prior Effective Dates: 5/19/97, 6/29/01, 4/28/02, 5/29/03, 12/27/07