[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this chapter and Chapters 4765-01 to 4765-10 and 4765-12 to 4765-19 of the Administrative Code, see rule 4765-1-03 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) An institution may not hold more than one certificate of accreditation.
(B) An institution that is granted a certificate of accreditation may be authorized by the board to operate one or more of the following training programs:
(1) EMS training program, as follows:
(a) Emergency medical responder;
(b) Emergency medical technician;
(c) Advanced emergency medical technician;
(2) EMS continuing education training program;
(3) EMS instructor training program.
(C) In order to operate an additional EMS training program, an accredited institution shall submit a "Certificate of Accreditation Application," and meet all requirements set forth in rule 4765-7-02 of the Administrative Code. Any additional training programs will expire on the expiration date of the current certificate of accreditation.
(D) A certificate of accreditation be valid for up to five years pursuant to section 4765.17 of the Revised Code. However, if the accredited institution meets all of the following requirements, the board shall issue the institution a certificate of accreditation with a five-year cycle:
(1) The certificate holder is of good reputation;
(3) The accredited institution has held a certificate of accreditation for the preceding six years;
(5) The previous certificate of accreditation was issued without any contingencies;
(6) The accredited institution has not been issued a provisional certificate of accreditation during the preceding six years;
(7) The accredited institution has not received any disciplinary action by the board during the preceding six years.
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/13/2014 and 11/13/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4765.11
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4765.17
Prior Effective Dates: 07/30/10)