(A) An accredited institution that holds two or more current and valid certificates of accreditation upon the effective date of this rule shall, within ninety days of the effective date of this rule, be granted one certificate of accreditation and be authorized to operate the same EMS training programs as those under its current certificates. The new certificate of accreditation will expire on the same date as the institution's initial certificate of accreditation.
(B) An institution may not hold more than one certificate of accreditation.
(C) An institution that is granted a certificate of accreditation may be authorized by the board to operate one or more of the following training programs:
(1) EMS training program, as follows:
(a) First responder;
(2) EMS continuing education training program;
(3) EMS instructor training program.
(D) In order to operate an additional EMS training program, an accredited institution shall submit an application, on a form prescribed by the board, and meet all requirements set forth in rule 4765-7-02 of the Administrative Code. Any additional training programs will expire on the expiration date of the current certificate of accreditation.
(E) A certificate of accreditation shall have a three-year cycle. However, if the accredited institution meets all of the following requirements, the board shall issue the institution a certificate of accreditation with a five-year cycle:
(1) The certificate holder is of good reputation;
(2) The accredited institution is in compliance with all the requirements in rule 4765-7-02 of the Administrative Code;
(3) The accredited institution has held a certificate of accreditation for the preceding six years;
(4) The accredited institution is in compliance with the requirements in paragraph (C) of rule 4765-7-07 of the Administrative Code;
(5) The previous certificate of accreditation was issued without any contingencies;
(6) The accredited institution has not been issued a provisional certificate of accreditation during the preceding six years;
(7) The accredited institution has not received any disciplinary action by the board during the preceding six years.