(A) Any person or entity applying for a "motor vehicle repair registration certificate", shall complete and submit to the board on a form to be furnished by the board for that purpose, a separate application for a registration certificate for each location in which the business is to be conducted. When pertaining to mobile businesses, one registration application shall be submitted per "home base" where the mobile unit is assigned to work from. Such application or renewal application shall be completed and returned to the board within thirty-days of its receipt by the motor vehicle repair business. The registration certificate application form shall be in the form prescribed by the Ohio board of motor vehicle repair and shall be signed by the applicant. Original applications must be notarized. The application shall contain and be accompanied by the following information:
(1) Check the box which best describes the business applying for registration; collision repair shop, auto glass repair, mobile auto repair PDR (paintless dent repair), mechanical shop, airbag replacement, dealership, or window tint installation.
(2) Registration number; assigned by the board.
(3) Number of mobile units working from this location.
(4) Name of the business and complete address of the place of business or home base.
(5) Name or style under which the business is to be conducted and, if a corporation, the state of incorporation.
(6) Name and complete address of each owner or partner or, if a corporation or limited liability company, the names and addressed of each officer and director.
(7) A current Ohio bureau of worker's compensation identification number and duplicate certificate from which that number was obtained or assigned.
(8) A current Ohio bureau of unemployment services identification number and duplicate certificate from which that number was obtained or assigned.
(9) A current federal taxpayer identification number and duplicate certificate from which that number was obtained or assigned.
(10) A current state of Ohio taxpayer identification number and duplicate certificate from which that number was obtained or assigned.
(11) A current state of Ohio vendor's license number and duplicate certificate from which that number was obtained or assigned.
(12) A hazardous waste generator disposal permit number, if applicable.
(13) Ohio bureau of motor vehicles dealer permit number.
(14) Ohio environmental protection agency air pollution source permit number.
(15) Local building zone designation.
(16) Name and address of each business owner.
(B) The initial fee for each application for each registration certificate sought shall be one hundred fifty dollars, or the fee then in effect as determined by the Ohio board of motor vehicle repair , the office of budget and management and the Ohio controlling board, payable when filing the application for the registration certificate. In all cases, the fee shall accompany each application.
(C) Upon receipt of the completed application form and fees and after the board determines that the applicant meets the requirements for registration under paragraph (A) of this rule, the board shall direct the executive director to issue a registration certificate to the applicant.
(D) The annual fee for the renewal of each registration certificate shall be one hundred fifty dollars or the fee then in effect as determined by the Ohio board of motor vehicle repair , the office of budget and management and the Ohio controlling board. The Ohio board of motor vehicle repair , with the approval of the controlling board, may establish fees in excess of or less than one hundred fifty dollars, provided that such fees do not exceed or are not less than that amount by more than fifty per cent.
(E) Each registration certificate expires annually on the date of its original issuance. The application for renewal of a registration certificate, shall be accompanied by the same information and proof required by the board. If the business information or location should change between the registration certificate's date of issuance and expiration, the motor vehicle repair business shall submit a new registration application and accompanying materials to the board, unless needed changes can be made on the renewal application.
(F) Each registration certificate shall be conspicuously displayed for public inspection by the motor vehicle repair business in a place normally accessible by the public.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/12/2016 and 04/01/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4775.04
Rule Amplifies: 4775.02
Prior Effective Dates: 12/24/99, 12/2/05, 01/10/11.