(A) In accordance with division (A)(4) of section 4779.17 of the Revised Code, an applicant who holds a license issued by another state may obtain a license to practice orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics in the state of Ohio if the out-of-state applicant:
(2) Holds a valid license issued by the appropriate licensing entity of another state and has not been issued a license in another state that has been revoked or is currently under suspension or probation or remains under the effect of any other current disciplinary action.
(B) Prior to practicing in Ohio, applicants who are licensed in another jurisdiction must:
(1) Complete a profession-specific application form and file this form with the Ohio orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics board.
(2) Submit any documentation necessary to support the qualifications mentioned in paragraph (A)(1) or (A)(2) of this rule, and pursuant to the profession-specific requirements of paragraphs (B) to (E) of rule 4779-5-03 of the Administrative Code.
(3) An applicant seeking his or her first license issued by the state board of orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics shall comply with the criminal record check requirements of section 4779.091 of the Revised Code and rule 4779-5-05 of the Administrative Code.
(4) Applicants that fail to meet the qualifications for this exemption will be subject to the procedures and requirements contained in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) of rule 4779-5-03 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Out-of- state residents shall update the Ohio orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics board within thirty working days of any change in orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics employment in the state of Ohio or any change in state-of-residence or state-of-employment status.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/27/2012 and 01/02/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4779.08
Rule Amplifies: 4779.17
Prior Effective Dates: 8/9/02, 01/23/03, 11/01/2008